Evidence-based group health promotion workshops helping adults manage their health conditions.
WNYICC's trusted, local network agencies provide the interactive group workshops
CHOOSE HEALTHY WNY Workshops
- 6 Weeks long (once/week for 6 weeks)
- Each weekly workshop is 2.5 hours long (with breaks).
- 10-20 participants are in a workshop
- 2 trained and certified Peer Leaders facilitate the workshop
- Participants receive a FREE resource book and relaxation cd.
- Workshops are offered in local community settings, virtually via on-line platform (such as Zoom), and telephonically.
- Programs developed at Stanford University and licensed by Self-Management Resource Center.
CHOOSE HEALTHY WNY Programs:
Chronic Disease Self-Management:
for anyone looking for tools and support for managing an on-going health condition.
Chronic Pain Self-Management
: tools, resources and support for people with on-going pain.
: workshop for people with Diabetes to learn tools to help better manage their diabetes.
Choose Healthy Self-Management Program Outcomes:
Our workshop participants have reported these great outcomes:
- " I am paying more attention to label ingredients, paying more attention to portion size, and eating more fruits and vegetables"
- "I am staying calm, eating better, and realizing I have support from others."
- "I developed a meal plan, and make action plans"
- "I take better care of my feet , and am eating better."
- "I am doing more exercise, reading more food labels and I enjoyed meeting new friends I can call and rely on."
- Click here for video testimonials: https://youtu.be/RTlJYft89oc
- Workshops open to any community member wanting to learn tools to help self-manage their on-going health.
- Workshop availability dependent on location and number of participants.
Register for a Workshop Today: