WNYICC has partnered with Independent Health to administer the health plan’s Post-Discharge Meal Program for eligible Medicare Advantage members who have had at least one overnight stay in an eligible medical facility.
The Post-Discharge Meals Program provides:
· 14 days of meals (2 meals per day)
· Delivered to member’s home daily (in-person) or via postal mail
Eligibility Requirements for the Post-Discharge Meals Program:
· Live within the 8 counties of Western New York (Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Orleans, Wyoming, Genesee, Cattaraugus, or Allegany)
· Had an overnight stay at a hospital, rehab, or other qualifying medical facility
· Have one of the following Independent Health Medicare Advantage Plans:
o Assure Advantage HMO-SNP
o Encompass 65
o Encompass 65 Basic
· "Very nice benefit... It was great not to have to cook those days [after being discharged]. I was able to rest more, which I needed."
· "I feel it was a great experience. This introduces people to Meals on Wheels. It gave my family a pleasant break from cooking my meals. Thank you!"
· "I received the 14 days of meals through Independent Health. Then, I ordered 2 more weeks of meals on my own, as I was still not up to preparing meals and shopping."
How to Receive the Meals if You are Eligible:
· Eligible Independent Health Members can activate their benefit by contacting an Independent Health RedShirt at (716) 529-3945, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. they will be happy to help you get started in the program.
Providers, if your patient has one of the Independent Health Medicare Advantage plans listed above and was recently discharged from a quaified medical facility, please complete the intake referral form located at this link.